Disk Antivirus Professional is a bogus malware application designed to steal money from unsuspecting computer users. Similar to the scoundrel program System Progressive Protection which was unleashed in September 2012, Disk Antivirus Professional is a rogue that pretends like a genuine anti-malware application and blocks everything until you buy this product. Please be aware that it is this noxious malware at work and do not fall into the trap of ‘buying’ the malware online. Disk Antivirus Professional is a bogus software and can’t actually protect your computer.
This rogue antivirus software will also show lots of fake security alerts in System Tray telling your that your computer is seriously infected and threats like that. Please rest assured that this is the malware at work trying to trick you into buying full version of Disk Antivirus Professional. Here is a screenshot of Disk Antivirus Professional doing a bogus scan :
Download Removal Tool By Clicking the button below and save the removal tool as “explorer.exe” on desktop before you run it. You must save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe” so that malware can’t interfere with the removal process.
Disk Antivirus Professional spreads via several different means. Unsuspecting computer users are known to download the Disk Antivirus Professional into their computers from the Internet. They do it when they view some x-rated content on screen, download files from non-trusted sources, and download cookies from websites that are hacked by the malware. On the Internet, when you browse a hacked website, you are shown alerts about your computer suffering from a possible virus threat and a download available that can wipe the malware out. This download will require you to shell a few bucks online, and if you choose your credit card to pay, chances are that the card details would be hacked too. In a small way, this malware is also spread when you allow the attachment of unverified external devices like CDs, DVDs, pen drives and USBs into your screen. Disk Antivirus Professional gets very stealthy in your computer.
Once this rogue malware is installed into your system, It will block all legitimate application in your computer and won’t let your run any type of anti-malware application. What’s more, the dynamics of the malware ensure that your normal Anti-Virus is not enough to counter the anti-effects of Disk Antivirus Professional and you need a strong and suavely designed spyware externally installed to get rid of the Disk Antivirus Professional. You’ll get bogus alerts like :
Security Monitor: WARNING!
Attention! System detected a potential hazard (TrojanSPM/LX) on your computer that may infect executable files. Your private information and PC safety is at risk. To get rid of unwanted spyware and keep your computer safe your need to update your current security software.
Spyware.IEMonster activity detected.
This is spyware that attempts to steal passwords from Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Outlook and other programs. Click here to remove it immediately with Disk Antivirus.
Disk Antivirus Warning
Your PC is still infected with dangerous viruses. Activate antivirus protection to prevent data loss and avoid the theft of your credit card details.
Disk Antivirus Professional Warning
Intercepting programs that may compromise your privacy and harm your system have been detected on your PC. Click here to remove them immediately with Disk Antivirus Professional.
Don’t be afraid of disk antivirus professional virus as you can remove it quickly and easily by employing a genuine anti-malware application. Read next part of removal guide to learn how to remove disk antivirus professional quickly and easily.
How To Remove Disk Antivirus Professional
Before the malware causes a lot of damage and permanent destruction in your computer, we advise removing it soon using any one of the two methods available for you to choose from. There are manual removal methods that are effective but take a lot of time, involve hard work and are risky. On the other hand, there are automatic removal methods for you to make use of. Whatever method you choose, make sure that you remove the malware very soon.
1. Automatic Removal Method – Fast and Easy
When you decide to indulge in automatic removal method to get rid of Disk Antivirus Professional, you are doing yourself a huge favor. You need no expertise to run automatic methods and all the damage done by malware get reversed. Here is what you need to do :
1. While Disk Antivirus Professional is running in your computer, click on Start—>Run.
2. In Run, please type “http://www.diskantivirusprofessionalremoval.com/download.php” and click OK button. Alternatively, you can also click on below button to download the removal tool :
3. This will start downloading the malware remover application, please save the downloaded file as “explorer.exe” on desktop. Please make sure that you save the file as “explorer.exe” so that Disk Antivirus Professional can’t interfere with removal process. Just so you know, “explorer.exe” is the name of a critical windows process and the malware won’t block processes having this name.
4. Once the download is complete, double click on “explorer.exe” file on desktop which you just downloaded. As soon as you run it, you’ll see that Disk Antivirus Professional will get terminated automatically. Please note that Disk Antivirus Professional is still in your computer but not running temporarily.
5. Now install the anti-malware application and do a full scan of your computer. The anti-malware application will automatically find the rogue software. Once the scan is complete, click on “Fix Threats” button to get rid of all the malware files from your computer. That’s it.
As you can see, Automatic Removal is much easier and safer method to remove disk antivirus professional quickly and easily. Here is a removal video which shows how to remove the malware application :
2. Manual Removal Method – Tedious and Risky
You can try to remove Disk Antivirus Professional manually but there are lots of dis-advantages of doing that. First, you might not be able to remove the malware completely and on the other hand, you may make the problem even more worse. To remove the malware completely, you must remove all its file and without scanning all files of your computer, there is no way to know which files are infected and which aren’t.
Please follow these manual removal steps at your own risk :
1. First of all, terminate the rogue application using Process Explorer. Process Explorer is a free utility from Microsoft which works same as Task Manager.
2. After terminating rogue application, you need to rectify these registry entries using Registry Editor (You can access registry editor by clicking on Start—Run, type “regedit” and click OK button) :
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\RunOnce “<random numbers and chars>”
Please note that registry is a core part of your computer and edit it incorrectly may cause serious problems. Therefore, before you make any changes to registry, make sure you know what you are doing.
3. After removing malicious registry entries, remove these infected files from your PC :
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.exe
%CommonAppData%\<random numbers and chars>\<random numbers and chars>.ico
We always recommend automatic removal method because Its fast, safe and results are guaranteed. There are several advantages to using the automatic removal process and not the manual removal process. Some of them are –
1. You don’t have to be a tech puritan.
With the automated software taking care of all your technical needs and combating the malware effectively, you’ll have no problems at all. However, in the manual software, you will have to ensure that you verify and counter all the problems that arise, which is possible only if you have sufficient knowledge of the process.
2. You can save time and labor.
This is without a doubt, one of the biggest reasons for you to use automated software. You shall not be saving hours and hours behind running the program successfully and remaining alert for bugs in the process.
3. You need not bother about the results.
No matter how much you work hard in a manual removal method, you are seldom sure of getting the results you require. Thus, many people opt for automated software to obtain the results they require, quickly.
4. You do not have to bother about future attacks.
When you decide to install automated software you are offered protection for future attacks too. Thus, there is no need for you to keep installing programs to combat other deadly viruses.
5. The whole process is fast, effective, and easy.
Unlike manual processes, automated processes are fast and easy. You can save a lot of time and energy, and stress! Thus, though you need to shell out a few bucks down the line, automated software is a great option for you to process and utilize, instead of manual options.
Even then, if you are looking to solve your problem manually, go ahead! If you need any help with removing Disk Antivirus Professional, please feel free to post a comment here.